Some people who were on pre-order this little slate tablet PC are receiving =) That’s darn good news considering my Pandora’s future is still unknown. What really interesting about this machine is it’s powered by ARM architecture CPU which you will see more and more often these days. I don’t know if it can perform up to par on bigger type of machine or not. I bet you will see that sooner or later.
Hardware specifications have been changed just tiny bit from what we have known back in March.
- Texas Instruments OMAP3530 with Micron 256MB (RAM) + 256MB (NAND) Memory
- 8.9 inches 1024x600 A+ screen
- Main storage: 8GB SD card — we decided to change from Micro SD to standard SD, so that you can easily upgrade it
- Internal USB wifi 802.11 b/g/n powered by a Ralink 3070 chipset
- Internal USB bluetooth class 2.1
- FCC, CE, UL-certified, 5V, 3.5A power adapter
- 8.9 inches pressure sensitive touch screen
- US Qwerty 24cm-large keyboard — around 95% of the size of a standard keyboard
- Cirque Touchpad
- Two Owolff high-quality internal stereo speakers
- 3D accelerometer
- Two internal batteries 6000 and 12000 mAh — it can be replaced with a screw driver
- 7 USB ports: three external, four internal, three of them may be reserved for wifi, bluetooth and keyboard
- Bi-color silver/black case — see photos — with a beautiful dark-red back cover (we decided to go only for red for the first batch as it really jumps out, you won't regret it).
- Secured attachment system of tablet into keyboard
- Independent magnet system for the tablet — we don't want your Touch Book to un-magnetize all your credit cards while carrying it in your bag!
For the time being, twitter might be the best resource catching up all info about this machine.
These above pictures have been posted by sfeger. Follow him if you are interested in Touch Book.
For me? it seems to be too thick for my taste, but you’ll never know, if you haven’t touched/seen in person. I still look forward to getting a good news from Pandora, or Zune HD if I can’t resist when it comes out next month.
Pre-order @ alwaysinnovating.com if you feel this is right for you!